Are you looking to be a part of a young and growing company? Come join our team. Carroll Management Group seeks a Leasing Consultant for an apartment community located in Jacksonville, FL. Prior apartment management experience desired. Customer Service/Sales. Salary + Benefits + Bonus potential. Resumes can be submitted by visiting our website at www.carrollcommunities.com.
The Leasing Consultant is the property’s sales representative, whose primary responsibilities are to greet prospects, professionally present the features and benefits of the property and to secure a deposit and application, resulting in a new resident. All Leasing Consultants should be service oriented and strive to make the current residents feel welcome and appreciated on the property. The Leasing Consultant must always contact a person of authority should a situation arise which needs immediate action.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, Fair Credit Reporting Act and all other Federal, State and Local laws pertaining to Multi-Family Housing.
- Fully implement and enforce all policies and procedures as outlined in the company policy and procedures Manuals.
- Leasing Consultants must always offer a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing center/clubhouse and any other areas where prospective residents and current residents might interact with them. All models and market readies should be inspected daily prior to showing in order to insure their quality appearance
- All incoming calls from irate residents should be transferred to the Assistant Manager or Property Manager for proper handling.
- Leasing Professionals are expected to know and adhere to the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- All prospects are to be greeted with a warm smile and friendly handshake and NOT FROM BEHIND A DESK.
- Leasing Professionals should have a clear understanding of the features of their property’s benefits and how it compares to the competition. It is important to know what the market is doing and what specials are being offered.
- All paperwork is to be completed in a professional, accurate and timely manner. Mistakes on lease agreements can be costly to the property.
- Each Leasing Consultant should keep active guest cards and continue to work them until the prospect has chosen their home.
- The Leasing Consultant should inspect the property on a regular basis reporting any deficiencies to the Property Manager. They should assist the Assistant Property Manager in preparing daily and weekly reports, resident communication, move-ins/outs, office supply inventory, and market surveys.
- Resident Files are to be maintained with current information properly filed per company policy at all times.
- Leasing Applications are to be processed within 24-48 hours of receipt and in accordance with the companies P & P Manual guidelines.
- Lease Renewal Program is to be actively worked to optimize lease renewals and increase rent 4-8% as market conditions allow.
- All residents and prospects treated with excellent level of customer service at all times.
- Receive, process/log, and file service requests in a timely manner.
- Plan and oversee resident activities as requested by Property Manager.
- The Leasing Consultant will perform any additional duties the Property Manager or Regional Manager assigns to them.
Knowledge/Experience Required of the Position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- Bi-lingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based on specific needs of property.
- Preferred Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI®
Education Experience Required
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Prior leasing experience preferred
- The Leasing consultant reports to the Assistant Property Manager and Property Manager.
- The Leasing consultant plans and carries out the successive steps of regular duties and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with objectives, policies, previous training, or company practices.
The work is not physically demanding. Typically, the associate may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of moderate items such as papers, boxes, event items, collateral, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
An average of 35% of typical work day is spent at desk
handling paperwork, resident files, computer transactions, correspondence, and
resident meetings. Remainder of job (65%)
requires constant physical walking and leasing demonstrations of property
required, walking up/down stairs and covering multi-terrain landscape of
property. Outdoor weather conditions
will vary and affect duties.
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, or commercial vehicles. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, except when working on items outside of the office environment.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.