Position Title: Leasing Consultant
Reports to: Community Manager
FLSA: Non-exempt, hourly
Type of Position: Full Time or Part Time (WEEKENDS REQUIRED)
Experience: Experience in sales or customer service (or equivalent) is required and experience in the property management industry is preferred. Must be a proficient user of email, Internet (specifically social media sites) and web-based applications. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A college degree is a plus. In addition, proven experience in the following is required:
- Onesite experience required
- Ability to interact well with co-workers, supervisors, guests, vendors, contractors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Above average organizational and verbal skills.
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Strong customer service and marketing skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to MORGAN’s Leasing and Marketing, Management and Operations, Maintenance, and Emergency Procedures manuals (referred to as the Operations Manuals) along with the Team Member Handbook.
- Answer the phone.
- Follow up with all traffic and input all information into the appropriate system.
- Stand up and greet client.
- Tour and lease apartments and sell the products and service of the community.
- Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident as outlined in the Operations Manuals.
- Walk apartment before move in to insure MORGAN standards.
- Prepare and complete all leasing paperwork including the lease.
- Obtain move in keys, remote and parking permit prior to resident’s move-in date.
- Respond to resident requests and help to resolve resident problems, including creating service requests.
- Complete all Grace Hill classes which are recommended and attend Company required training.
- Maintain thorough product and knowledge of the community and the competition.
- Know the community’s market which includes nearby businesses and retail, hiring trends, new construction and any other aspects of the sub-market and overall market.
- Prepare weekly and/or monthly market surveys.
- Participate in resident functions and other MORGAN sponsored resident activities.
- Reports to the Assistant Community Manager in the absence of the Community Manager.
- Work overtime as necessary to meet the MORGAN standards of customer service.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor, not listed as essential job functions.
- Will need to be on feet (33% to 100%).
- Will need to perform the following physical activities (50% to 100%).
bend/stoop/squat/kneelPerform routine office duties such as filing into high and low cabinets; picking up debris on community.
climb stairsInspect and show community by accessing upper floor apartments.
push or pull and standing and walkingInspect and show community.
reach above shouldersStore supplies, inspect community.
grasp/grip/turning and finger dexterityTyping, writing, handle packages and supplies.
- Lifting/carrying (supplies, resident packages, files, etc.)
Over 50 lbs.Rare need (less than 1%)
Between 10 – 25 lbs.Occasional need (1% to 33%)
Less than 10 lbs.Frequent need (33% to 100%)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include, but are not limited to cases of paper, heavy resident packages and cases of soda/water. Wear Personal Protective Gear such as provided back brace, when necessary.
- Constant need (100%) to read and review reports, view computer screen and wide variety of correspondence.
- Frequent need to see small detail.
- Frequent need (33%-50%) to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
Hearing, Speaking and Written Requirements:
- Constant need (100%) to receive or give instructions from/to residential management, communicate via telephone and in person with staff, residents, vendors, etc.
- Constant need (100%) to communicate either in writing to residents, staff, vendors, corporate and prospects.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Occasional need (1%-33%) to utilize personal transportation to view/inspect other apartment communities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance and car registration if driving for business purposes.
- Constant need to be indoors (100%).
- Frequently outdoors (33% to 50%) during all weather conditions.
- Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents adhesives, etc. (1% to 33%). Example – apartment immediately during or after turnover. Team Member must wear Personal Protective Equipment (N-95 Mask), rubber gloves and eye protection, when necessary.