Position Title: Make Ready/Punch Technician
Reports to: Lead Maintenance
Supervises: Maintenance Staff
FLSA: Non Exempt, hourly
Type of Position: Full Time
Experience: Make Ready Technicians Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare vacant apartments for market ready status through turn-over repairs and improvements as a Make Ready Technician.
- Cleaning and maintenance of grounds, including common areas as requested by supervisor.
- Must have experience with installation of ceiling fans, wall sockets and minor plumbing and electrical.
- Pressure washing and use of paint spray guns is a plus.
Make Ready Technician Requirements:
- At least 6 months of multi-family experience
- Reliable transportation required
- Willing to submit to a background check and drug screening
- The ability to safely lift 60 pounds
- Must have own tools
- Ability to interact well with co-workers, supervisors, guests, vendors, contractors, residents and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Above average organizational and verbal skills.
- Ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions.
- Strong customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to MORGAN's Maintenance, Emergency Procedures, Leasing and Marketing, Management and Operations, manuals along with the Team Member Handbook.
- Monitor building systems, fire, electrical, security, elevators, etc. Report all unsafe areas to Lead Maintenance.
- Constantly inspect the community and report hazards to the Lead Maintenance.
- Conduct all work in compliance with OSHA and the MORGAN Operations manual.
- Maintain a workplace that adhere to safety standard.,
- Maintain flammable and hazardous materials in a safe and secure area. Responsible for having SDS on all chemicals.
- Assist to maintain all common areas.
- Assist to preventive maintenance program for all building interiors and exteriors including pools, fitness equipment and lighting, etc.
- Respond to all service requests within 24 hours. Ensure that all service requests are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all vacant units are market ready within 7 days.
- Assist to maintain a proper inventory of tools and supplies to maintain property and consistent with property budget.
- Maintain a safe and secure area for property tools and supplies by keeping the area neat and organized on a daily basis.
- Comply with all training requirements set forth for this position.
- Perform all Essential Job Functions of Job Descriptions as business dictates.
Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor, not listed as essential job functions.
1. Will need to be on feet (66% to 100%).2. Will need to perform the following physical activities (66% to 100%)Example:
bend/stoop/squat/kneelPerform routine maintenance/repair duties such picking up debris.
climb stairsRoutine duties require access to upper floor apartments and interior apartments with multiple levels. Will need to climb and work off a ladder.
push or pullMove equipment, appliances, and open/close doors.
reach above shouldersPerform routine maintenance repairs, paint, stock, and remove equipment.
grasp/grip/turning and finger dexterityHandle maintenance tools, nails, and open/close ladders, perform routine maintenance/repairs, use telephone, pager, 2-way radio.
Lifting/Carrying (Supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.)
Over 150 lbs.Rare need (less than 1%)
Between 75 – 150 lbs.Occasional need (1% to 33%)
Between 25 – 75 lbs.Frequent need (33% to 66%)
Between 1 – 25 lbs.Constant need (66% to 100%)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washers, dryers, air conditioning units, abandoned sofas, and refrigerators. Wear Personal Protective Gear such as provided back brace, when necessary.
1. Must be able to complete forms, review reports and enter data on the computer.
2. Will need to observe areas needing attention/correction.
3. Rad cautionary labels, respond to written instructions from staff.
4. There will be a frequent need to see things clearly beyond arms reach.
Hearing, Speaking and Written Requirements:
1. Constant requirement to give information and receive instructions from residential management (33% to 66%).
2. Ability to read, write and understand English.
1. There may be an occasional need to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors (1% to 33%).
2. Ability to be on-call and be on the property on short notice.
3. Must have a valid driver's license, insurance and car registration if driving for business purposes.
1. Constantly outdoors in all weather conditions, often for extended periods of time (66% to 100%).
2. Frequently indoors in all weather conditions that may make the environment uncomfortable (hot in summer, cold in winter). (33% to 100%).
3. Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents adhesives, etc. (33% - 100%). Example - apartment during painting and/or immediately during or after turnover. Team Member must wear Personal Protective Equipment (N-95 Mask), rubber gloves and eye protection, when necessary.
4. Occasional need to work in awkward confining positions (1% to 33%).